Webinar Responding to COVID-19
Event start: 11:00 am 2020-07-29 Event start: 1:00 pm 2020-07-26
Location: Virtual on Zoom
Virtual on Zoom
Information on the Webinar presentation
- Organizers: This webinar is organized by The Future of Work, Labour after Laudato Si (FOWLS) global initiative and the International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC). The Scalabrini Institute for Human Mobility in Africa (SIHMA), the East Cape Agricultural Research Project (ECARP) and the Centre for Research and Action for Peace (CERAP) are supporting the event.
- Target Audience: Religious leaders, faith-based organizations, NGOs, civil society organizations, and general public which have developed a community/membership base to engage their constituents for worship, charitable activities, development activities, support for members activities, especially in relation to labour and development in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Share evidence-based and reliable information on the impact of COVID-19 on marginalized groups such as migrant and refugee workers, seafarers, informal workers and farm workers in the African region, and on the prevention of the virus transmission and responses to those affected by the virus, with a particular focus on prevention in the workplace, in informal settings, and the role of religious leaders, faith-based organisations, organised labour, and civil society groups in response to increased poverty, unemployment, involuntary reduction of work hours, and indecent work conditions in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Encourage knowledge and experience exchange benefitting from expert input community-based experiences related to such topics as:
- Responding to the needs of affected individual workers, their families, and local communities, with special attention to populations with particular vulnerabilities (migrants, youth, homeless, among others).
- Protecting/supporting co-workers and their families during the phases of prevention, treatment, recovery, and reintegration into community activities.
- Supporting and sustaining organizations themselves in these difficult times.
Modality of the session
The webinar will be held in English with a French translation and will last two hours:
- Expert input will be delivered by an expert from the International Labour Organization (ILO) and an expert from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Examples of faith-based and civil society responses also will be provided.
- Interaction among the participants and testimonies on the strategies and action plans implemented with regard to the impact and prevention of COVID-19.
- Question and answer session.
- Final thoughts.
How to participate
- The webinar platform will be Zoom, please make sure you have installed this app on your device (computer, smartphones etc.) (https://zoom.us/join)
Meeting ID: 968 1061 9485
- Cannot make the webinar? No problem! We will share the recording after the event.
- For any further information, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARE this with your networks!