AHMR Call for papers for the special issue of December 2020
In 2020, we are proud to be celebrating the 60th anniversary of the University of the Western Cape. For the past six decades, the University of the Western Cape opened up education for all. During this landmark anniversary, we are also celebrating the partnership and joint ownership the African Human Mobility Review (AHMR) with the Scalabrini Institute for Human Mobility in Africa (SIHMA).
This Special Issue aims to provide an updated, multidisciplinary and evidence-based cutting edge work on migration and human mobility. We would like to offer to researchers and experts the opportunity to publish their original work, especially in the fields of economics, law, public health, epidemiology, social sciences, health economics, and international labour law. Particularly welcomed are data from field studies, effectiveness intervention studies and reviews related to this research area. AHMR calls scholars to submit research papers for peer review of special issue that includes symposium presentations that will be held on October 22-23, 2020 at the University of the Western Cape.
Possible sub-themes include, but are not limited to:
• Nation building, social transformation, and decolonization of migration studies,
• Migration: policies and governance,
• Human rights of all migrants, social inclusion, cohesion,
• Forced migration: refugees and asylum seekers,
• Labour, employment and remittances,
• Irregular migration, human trafficking and smuggling,
• Forms of discrimination, including racism, xenophobia and intolerance,
• Migration: women, children and youth,
• Transnationalism and diaspora
We would like to invite you to submit a full manuscript to be considered for publication in the Special issue of "Migration and Human Mobility in Africa". Submission of a full manuscript does not indicate automatic acceptance for the present special Issue.
1. In order to submit, authors should read carefully the journal instructions and requirements in terms of length, reference style etc., from this link.
2. All manuscripts to be considered for the special issue must be submitted through the online submission system of the African Human Mobility Review (AHMR).
3. All manuscripts will be subjected to double blind peer review and inclusion in the Special Issue will be determined on a final acceptance decision by the Editor-in-Chief on the basis of peer reviews and recommendations made by the Guest Editors.
4. This Special Issue of AHMR shall gather updated versions of a selection of best papers from the Symposium on migration and human mobility, which will be held at the University of the Western Cape, on 22-23 October 2020.
5. Successful papers will go through the production process and uploaded online to the website of the African Human Mobility Review.
• April 30, 2020: Abstract submission deadline.
• June 30, 2020: Submission deadline for full manuscript.
• October 22-23, 2020: Symposium at the University of the Western Cape.
• December, 2020 : Expected publication date.
Abstract/ full manuscript should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org